We had a great time at the Salesforce World Tour last week and wanted to share a few takeaways from some the team. Hopefully there is something in here that be useful. If you were also at World Tour and have any takeaways you’d like to share, we’d love to hear from you!
- Workbench is a great Open Source tool for Admins as well as Developers, it’s great for finding, querying and manipulating data in a different way to using Salesforce itself. http://workbench.developerforce.com
- Use Salesforce’s Lightning Object Creator to speed up the creation of objects from spreadsheets allowing offline processes currently built on spreadsheets to be transformed into modern cloud applications quickly and easily.
- David Walliams was the keynote speaker and had a great message for us all: We have two hands, one to help ourselves and a second to help others.
- Identify key desired outcomes and measure your project success against them.
- 90% of projects can fail to achieve expected levels of digital transformation due to human and operational reasons. Make sure you have the right skills and talent, have a plan, manage change, align business and IT, set expectations, consider siloed data and execute and measure against the plan!
- Optimising websites to fit mobile is becoming increasingly more important. It’s worth making sure your website works just as well on mobile – or even build up from mobile first.
- Personalized recommendations on the AppExchange. There is a great feature on the AppExchange where you are now able to have apps suggested to you, based on your previous downloads and your search history.