We will spend around a third of our lives sleeping (229,961 hours altogether!*) and yet it’s something many of us don’t think about. Sleep has so many health benefits; it can help reduce stress, improve memory and productivity, and maintain good health – including lowering your blood pressure. So, it’s worth trying to figure out your best sleep schedule.
But how should we go about getting the optimum sleep schedule? Just having an awareness of its importance can help, but here are a few top tips for helping you to fall asleep quicker and have a good night’s sleep
5 top tips for sleeping better:
- Daily sunlight can improve sleep quality and duration. Maybe try taking a walk at the end of the day, or incorporating some outdoor time into your schedule.
- Reduce blue light exposure from devices during the evening. Blue light tricks your body into thinking it’s daytime, so try to reduce lights before bed – or add a blue light blocker on your devices. In our previous blog post, we shared some advice from Dr Anastasia Dedyukhina about how to reduce your screen dependence. Check it out here.
- Reduce daytime naps. While having a quick power nap can be helpful, sleeping for long periods of time during the day is not. If you struggle sleeping, this could be the problem.
- Start a consistent sleeping pattern. Falling asleep and waking up at similar times every day will help your body to get used to it, making both sleeping and waking easier!
- Relax in the evening! Having a bath or shower before bed, listening to relaxing music and reading a book are all simple ways of relaxing your body and calming your mind. Sleep should come easier!
What about your CRM system?
Like our attitude to sleep, we see many customers who have lost appreciation for their CRM systems, some to the point of losing faith in the ability of the system to support their businesses. If people don’t trust the data, they won’t trust the system and adoption will reduce. The system does not get the time and attention it deserves and starts to gradually fall into dis-repair.
Are you tracking your sleep patterns to maximise the quality of your sleep? And are you tracking the effectiveness of your CRM system to maximise return on investment? Keeping track of both things is key for productivity. Give the sleep tips above a try to help with getting a better night’s sleep. And do the same with your CRM system! Make room for change – even something as simple as sleep pattern can make a huge difference to your productivity and well-being.
If you need your CRM better aligned to your business, or have any other Salesforce.com needs then get in touch with us to see if you can help. We’d love to hear from you and maybe we can share some further sleep tips too!
Check out our other blog posts!